Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Works Always in the Works

I have a series of which I have written six books. Because my timing is absolutely wretched, they will most likely never be published unless I do it myself.  I might, one day, but right now, I don't have the time to do all that I would need to do to make such a thing worth while much less successful.  

After receiving a rejection but with excellent feedback, I decided to attempt another rewrite.  I've spent the last two weeks editing books 1 and 2. As with every time I open the files and dive back in, the story pulls me. My heart and soul went into these characters and their lives, and it is sometimes painful to me that I am the only one who has met them, who knows their struggles, their shortcomings, their saving graces. The main character reflects quite a bit of me, and many times I have written her experiences and thoughts with tears burning my eyes and throat.

I'll have to think about it more, but I may post chapters or scenes here.  Camellia's story is dark, and most people don't do dark. 

For tonight, I will just share one of her thoughts: 
Loneliness was a catching illness.  I am an adult.  I am strong, physically and mentally.  The loneliness shouldn't get to me, but somehow, it always does.
 

1 comment:

  1. I want to hear this story - your story. Dark, light, whatever - I want to read it.

    ReplyDelete