Wednesday, February 20, 2013

EA* Imitates Life

I had not played Sim3 in about 3 years, but when the house was struck by lightning just before Christmas and we had no internet, I got back into it. I made Sims for myself, Fluffy, and Spawn. At the point when this conversation occured, I was top level in the science career, Fluffy was a gardener/inventor, and Spawn was a firefighter (We have since all retired and are awaiting the Grim Reaper.).

Me: I hate that I just now realized they'd added that you could be a teacher. I would've made my Sim do that since I'm actually a teacher.
Fluffy: Well, you can always re-start your game, try again.
Me: And go through raising Spawn all over again? No.
...
Me: I should've made you a teacher, too. I mean, what else are you going to do? I don't know, if I could get a job that paid well enough, you could be a stay-at-home dad.
Fluffy: Really? If I did that, I would take care of the house and even do home improvements. I actually enjoy that kind of stuff when I'm not also having to work.
Me: Sure, and I actually enjoy teaching. 
Fluffy: I am so in love with you right now.
Me: Of course, that means we could never leave the south because we wouldn't be able to afford to live on one salary anywhere else.
Fluffy: Buzzkill.

*For you non-gamers, EA is Electronic Arts

1 comment: